Sunday 12 July 2020

Moon...

Waxing gibbous Moon...
Object: Moon (77% of full)
Constellation: Aquarius
Distance: 399523 km (248252 miles)
Dates: 11th. July 2020
Equipment: ATIK 460EX with EFW2, Skywatcher f5.5 Esprit 100 ED refractor, Avalon Linear mount
Subframes: 100 x  H-alpha (0.001s)

From the same session as the previous image, this one also nearly didn't make it on screen. I thought I'd grab a few subs of the moon as an afterthought, so I just slewed the telescope from my previous target (NGC 6820) down to the moon, which was lurking low down in the sky at about 16 degrees above the south-eastern horizon.

I made the mistake of not checking the focus before acquiring the subframes, and no amount of messing around in Registax or PaintShop will ever get back that missing detail...

I've put the final image up anyway, if only as a reminder of my own carelessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment